Overview: The Puksta Foundation, a Denver based non-profit organization, is hiring a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for a variety of programmatic and administrative responsibilities in conjunction with Puksta principals and the Puksta Advisory Council. Puksta is dedicated to providing low-income students the opportunity to attend college and civically engage in their communities. We have been operating programs for 13 years and are currently located at five universities: University of Colorado Boulder, University of Colorado Denver, University of Denver, Colorado State University and Metropolitan State University of Denver all with a specific focus on civic engagement. The Puksta Foundation has begun to chart a course of program expansion.
Job Title: Program Coordinator – This is a 50% time contract position.
Reports To: President, Puksta Foundation
- Work with Puksta Coordinators at all universities to insure strong collaboration between the foundation and each program. Involves periodic visits to each campus, attendance at campus Puksta events and intercollegiate coordinator meetings, frequent correspondence and assistance, and insuring all programs meet any specified Puksta Foundation requirements.
- Website maintenance, use of social media and generating e-newsletters
- Regularly up-date databases including scholars, university coordinators, friends of Puksta and donors. Supervise Puksta Alumni in development and implementation of Puksta Alumni Network.
- Yearly data collection from all Puksta programs, and assist data analysis, generation of reports and use of data for other purposes such as marketing.
- Event and yearly retreat planning and implementation
- Work with the Puksta President and Puksta Advisory Council (PAC) in three areas: governance and infrastructure, marketing, and strategic planning and programming. Also responsible for PAC administrative work including meeting schedules and location, meeting minutes, contact lists and associated tasks.
- Undertake research as needed including programmatic, evaluation, and donor identification.
- Coordinate with other organizations and programs as needed
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Two years of related program and administrative experience
- Experience and strong passion for civic engagement work to better our communities
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication, organizational and collaboration skills
- Experience in website maintenance, social media, e-newsletters and database management
- Ability to work independently at home or another location. There is no Puksta Foundation office
- Ability to travel to different participating universities
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Higher Education civic engagement work experience (university level)
- Report writing, data analysis and synthesis
- Civic Engagement program development
- Event and marketing experience
$20,000 - $30,000 (½ time position), based upon qualifications. There are no benefits provided. Reimbursement for business related travel, food, professional development and office supplies provided.
One year with renewal based on performance, need and available funds
Email a cover letter, resume, three references and a maximum 300 word essay explaining why you want this job, why you think you are qualified and one thing you would do to improve the Puksta Program to John Mulstay, President, Puksta Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, 5/11/15.